Elton John once said “Saturday night’s alright for fighting”, and I say “Tuesday night’s alright for guitar shopping”! So let’s get a little action in at Long & McQuade, in Burlington, Ontario, Canada:
- Not sure what Fender calls this colour…but Ima gonna call it “burgundy mist”! It’s funky. It’s cool. Why, it’s the fresh new look all the kids are looking for!
- A lovely used fancy-topped Les Paul Standard, $1700.
- Am I seeing double? FOUR Ibanez reverse Icemen?!?
- Les heastocks du Gretsch
- Gibson Hummingbird…even though they cost a fortune, Gibson acoustics are gorgeous.
- This Taylor was over 5000 dollars. Yikes. Stunning tho.
- But look at the fancy tuners! They said “21:1” on them. Wow…that’s super precise tuning! They make my old 18:1s look downright sloppy! No wonder I can never play in tune!! ;)
- Every time I see a cool lefty I pay silent but photographic homage to my friend and Tumblr mentor, guitarlust! This Taylor was under $2,000 (roughly £1,150) and simply beautiful. And I don’t even really like dreadnoughts! The one possibly dodgy bit is that it seems to be made of “spruce” and something called “mahag” which does not sound too palatable… :D
- The other thing I love is when someone (in this case Gibson) put’s out a new and interesting finish! About 90% of acoustics look exactly the same. It’s nice when they try something new like this semi-transparent charcoal colour.