Part II of my last trip to Mountain Music in Hamilton, Canada.
- Old stone building I found on my way through Guelph!
- Here’s an interesting one: They (the owners of the shop) have this marked as a 1988 Strat Plus, and they have priced it at $1400. However, from my “VAST” experiences, I am pretty sure this is NOT a “Plus” but a little known model called the “Deluxe American Standard. The “Plus” has Lace Sensors, locking tuners and a roller nut. This one has the Lace pickups…but it has neither the locking tuners nor the roller nut. If it’s a Deluxe American Standard, then it should cost between $700 and $80…not $1400! My next question is…if they know it’s not a “Plus” then they’re putting one over on any prospective buyer not familiar with the details of the “Plus”. On the other hand, if they do NOT know this, then I have to question their expertise! :\
- Left: AVRI ‘69 Tele. Love a Tele in Olympic white! Middle: one of the new AVRIs. They are priced at $1,999…a pretty hefty increase over the price of last year’s model. Sorry Fender…I just can’t bring myself to pay an incremental $400 - $500 on a guitar that last year sold new for $1,600. Right: American Deluxe. Love the binding!
- KC signature Jaguar.
- Here’s an interesting one: a made-in-Indonesia Strat in a lovely silver burst. ”Spaghetti” logo on the headstock…and only 249 dollars!
- See above!
- Lovely Epi. version of the Ace Frehley model. The Custom Shop version is just a tiny bit more expensive! ;)