shopping this week at Long & McQuade Brampton…a few miles north and west of Toronto, Canada.
So MANY interesting things I wanted to buy:
- An Angus Young Signature SG for $1300! This was used of course…and I have only seen the Custom Shop version which costs triple (or more maybe!), but it was nice to see what was essentially a full-face SG Standard, with a Maestro on it! Lovely. If I had not just spent 3k on a vintage 330, I may have gone for this one!
- Ever heard of an ES-390?!?? Me neither! But here it is…full hollow body (i.e. VERY light), and mini humbuckers! Tempting…If I had not just spent 2k on an ES-339 I may have gone for this one!
- Beautiful Custom Shop VOS ES-330, and an (also beautiful) BB King Lucille in a lovely bright red colour! I f I had not just bought a vintage 330, I may have gone f… anyhoo: you get the idea. :D
- Another shot of that VOS 330…these finishes look great. I know a lot of people don’t like “relics” but the new Gibson VOS finish is more subtle…makes the guitar look broken in with making it look broken!
- There is that amazing new 390 again! It may have been even less that 6 lbs…but I didn’t have my guitar-weighing equipment with me… :D
- And here was the most tempting thing of a all…a mini Banjo! I would LOVE to get one of these…and at $250 they are cheaper than many ukes! But I know NOTHING about banjos…anyone know if Gold Tone is a good brand??